A draft version of the document should be provided for the client as part of the handover procedure prior to certifying practical completion of a plant.The final document is not usually available in full form until several months after practical completion, as commissioning information.
The Operation & Maintenance Manual generally includes:
- A description of the main design principles.
- Details of the plant / equipment
- As-built drawingsand specifications.
- Instructions for its operation and maintenance(including health and safety information and manufacturers' instructions for efficient and proper operation).
- Commissioningand testing results.
- Guarantees, warranties and certificates.
- Particular requirements for lubrication